By tinychoices | May 28, 2011
Part of being green is, weirdly, being healthy. But joining a gym can be a pain, expensive, and really isn’t for everyone. So – get back to basics! here’s some easy ways to get in shape at your own pace.
- Walk more! Choose your vacations, lunches, or even weekend excursions to be in walkable neighborhoods.
- Try doing a plank every night before bed. Just for a few seconds at first, then work up to more. it’s amazing for your core strength.
- Get into old fashioned yet effective exercises like crunches, sit-ups, pull-ups, and push-ups!
- If you want to learn to run, use the tried-and-true couch-to-5K program. it’s easy on your body and will make you feel like a rock star.
- Make your own DIY free-weights!
- And if you do go to a gym, try to green your trip there!
Do you have any tips for simple and basic exercises?
[[Photo from flickr user tntimo via creative commons license.]]
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.